Monday, February 11, 2008

Tomorrow is a Big Day

Abraham Lincoln painting

Hello everyone,

My apologies for the unexpected week-long break. A day turned into two and before I knew it, I was lost inside my dissertation for a week!

It turns out I am back just in time for the big celebration. Yes, tomorrow is Abraham Lincoln’s 199th birthday, but wait there’s more…

Lincolnstudies.com turns a year old tomorrow! I am very excited about it, but more on that tomorrow.

In the meantime, I want to pass along this Lincoln reminder: C-SPAN will be at the Abraham Lincoln Birthplace National Historic Site tomorrow in Hodgenville, Kentucky. If you get the chance, check out their broadcast, which will begin around 6:30 am (central time). Viewers will hear from Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL), who is serving as the Co-Chair of the Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Committee, as well as site interpreters and visitors to the Lincoln Birthplace. At 9:30 am (central) C-SPAN will provide live coverage of the Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Inaugural Ceremony, which will feature a speech by First Lady Laura Bush. The ceremony will officially begin the countdown to next year’s highly anticipated 200th birthday celebration!

Again, my apologies for going AWOL. It feels good to be back!

No comments: